Senior Director of Finance & Administration
The Senior Director of Finance & Administration is responsible for the oversight and strategy of all finance, human resources, legal, technology, governance, and policies that support NACAS, the NACAS Foundation, and the NACAS Regions (Central, East, South, and West). This position reports directly to the NACAS CEO and is responsible for all fiscal reporting and financial functions of the organization.
Responsibilities – Financial Management of NACAS, NACAS Foundation, and NACAS East
- Assists CEO with the preparation of the annual budget for the organization.
- Monitors financial performance and provides active feedback to CEO and other senior leaders within the organization. Provides revenue reports on a weekly basis to the leadership team.
- Prepares internal monthly financial reports, and quarterly financial reports to the Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Advises CEO on mitigating business risk, such as sourcing and maintaining commercial insurance plans.
- Coordinates the activities of independent auditors ensuring audit issues are resolved in the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Provides fund accounting for the NACAS Foundation funds and quarterly reporting of the same.
- Manages all banking relationships, investment accounts, and payment processing platforms.
- Monitors cash balance and banking activities, including reviewing monthly bank reconciliations. Provides cash flow projections as needed to the CEO and Finance Committee.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the NACAS, NACAS Foundation, and NACAS East treasurers and finance committees. Provides them reports and supports their presentations to their respective Boards of Directors.
- In partnership with IT partner and audit firm, maintains an inventory of all fixed assets (including computers, software, etc.) and associated depreciation schedules.
- Supervises Accounting Manager, overseeing this position’s responsibilities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily journal entries, and month end close procedures.
Responsibilities – Technology
- Manages third-party partnership for managed IT services (such as: staff hardware, back-end email system/other staff tools, web hosting, and security)
- Oversees Association Management System (AMS) and third-party developer partnership to maintain and service the AMS, including but not limited to plan for system upgrades/releases, documentation, troubleshooting, reporting, and workflow improvements.
- Project manages (with input from the team) any sourcing or implementation of new member-facing software systems, such as the event management software, learning management system, survey tool, mobile app, online community, webinar software, and mass-emailing software.
- Manages user accounts, assistance, and training for both internal staff and external members, with support from third-party partners.
- Oversees data integration between AMS and various integrated systems.
Responsibilities – Human Resources/Management/Other
- Works closely with the Executive Leadership team to establish appropriate staff structure for current and future operations and assists in the supervision of all staff.
- Manages all human resources functions, including management and oversight of PEO (Professional Employer Organization) partner and directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies, including compensation and benefit plans.
- Oversees insurance administration, risk management, legal activities, and contracts.
- Manages the annual performance evaluation process and plans for performance improvement.
- Works closely with executive leadership team to identify areas of improvement across the organization.
- Provides oversight in the development, maintenance, and implementation of policy and procedure documents.
- Manages relationship with legal counsel for any of the organization’s legal needs. Develops and/or reviews contracts, MOUs, and other legal documents for the Association.
- Supervises a team that supports accounting functions, membership, and regional support.
Items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five (5) years of experience in similar role, with supervisory and budget responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills. Proven track record of successful scope, schedule and budget management.
- Ability to maintain confidence and discretion on sensitive matters.
- Proven track record of working effectively with stakeholder groups, such as boards or committees or other volunteers.
- Possess strong organizational skills, superior strategic thinking, and leadership skills; and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices, preferably as they relate to nonprofit organizations.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting attitude and the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to problem solve, strong analytical skills, proficient written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing (to include retargeting, SEO, and social media) and strategic communications trends and strategies.
- Experience in accounting software (QuickBooks Online preferred), high proficiency in MS Office Suite, and with using databases.
- Ability to travel and represent NACAS at professional conferences, leadership meetings, and other related association events.
Please note: This job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org