The Virtual Accountant performs intermediate accounting functions that require knowledge of general accounting duties including: accounts payable and accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, payroll functions, month end closing and annual audit. Works independently, and with direction from the Senior Director of Finance & Administration to provide organizational support in fundamental accounting functions. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance & Administration.
● Prepares bank reconciliations and maintains files for NACAS operating and payroll accounts and the NACAS Foundation accounts.
● Reconciles NACAS credit card statements and enters expenses into accounting software program accordingly.
● Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables in accounting software program.
● Generates invoices and remit payments as approved.
● Process payroll and payroll changes as directed and record semimonthly payroll entries.
● Maintains for NACAS and Foundation Accounts Payable for each vendor and credit card account
● Oversee month end close process and enters adjusting journal entries into General Ledger.
● Prepare financial reports including balance sheet, profit and loss statements, open receivables, etc.
● Records and tracks all NACAS Foundation donations and coordinates communication to donors regarding their gifts, such as end of year letters outlining their tax-exempt giving for the year.
● Maintain central files for accounting of contracts/agreements/statements of work, and tracks payment due dates.
● Deposits all checks and enters all credit card transactions with the necessary level of detail in all appropriate platforms.
● Performs reconciliations of all revenue for NACAS and the Foundation and collects on AR as directed.
● Assist in the annual membership dues renewal process.
● Communicates with audit firm/consultant to plan, prepare and execute the annual audit and annual tax return filings.
● Provides bookkeeping support to the regions as contracted.
● Maintains working knowledge of basic registrar and membership responsibilities to assist when needed
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent years of experience
● Minimum of three years of accounting work experience.
● Experience in QuickBooks Online accounting software highly preferred and Salesforce or other CRM/association management systems.
● Ability to understand advanced accounting principles and bookkeeping; strong good analytical ability; proficient in mathematics.
● Must have excellent organizational ability, and highly proficient computer and office equipment skills.
● Must be flexible to function in a changing work environment.
● Must possess excellent customer service/communication skills.
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
● Must be highly collaborative and work well with all levels of staff, as well as the board of directors and NACAS members. Maintain a high level of customer service.
● Work may require some travel and a flexible schedule to support the association’s annual events.
Status: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with NACAS and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Human Resources email@example.com.
Please note: This job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.