After months of planning, building and testing, the NACAS Marketplace was launched in early June 2018....
News & Communications
NACAS South Proposed Bylaws
Proposed Bylaws and Modifications
The NACAS South Board will present several amendments to the bylaws for consideration by the membership and will be voted on at the Annual Business Meeting on Tuesday, April 24, in Charleston, SC. The amendments are considered minor and are noted below:
- Add clarity about how we protect our assets via crime insurance instead of bonding.
- Delete the reference that the Treasurer makes payments via check.
- Modify the composition of the Membership Committee.
- Modify the composition of the Awards Committee and define the leadership of this group.
- Change the reporting structure of the Membership Coordinator to be responsible to the President.
- Extend the term for committee membership to 2 years.
The full version of the proposed bylaws can be viewed here:
Proposed NACAS South Bylaws
Please forward any comments or questions to Immediate Past President, Rich Steele.
NACAS South Proposed Slate of Officers
Proposed Slate of Officers for 2018-2019
The Nominating Committee of NACAS South is pleased to submit the following slate of officers for the upcoming 2018-2019 Board of Directors. The slate will be presented for a vote of the membership at the Annual Business Meeting in Charleston, SC on April 24, 2018.
- President: Brett Jackson, CASP, University of Georgia
- President Elect: Glenn Loughridge, Auburn University
- Vice President: Felecia Townsend, Florida International University
- Immediate Past President: Sharon Boyd, CASP, University of North Carolina, Wilmington
- Treasurer: Cary Wilkerson, CASP, University of Texas at Arlington (year 1 of 3-year term)
- Secretary: Cindy McClanahan, CASP, Georgia College (year 1 of 2-year term)
- Rep to the National Board: Connie Davis, Southeastern Louisiana University (year 3 of 3-year term)
Coordinator positions are appointed by the NACAS South Board and will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
- Conference Coordinator: Carrie Chutes, CASP, University of Texas at Dallas (year 1 of 3-year term)
- Professional Development Coordinator: Rick Torres, University of North Carolina, Charlotte (year 3 of 3-year term)
- Membership Coordinator: Carrie Chutes-Charley
- Publications and Technology Coordinator: Derrick Davis
NACAS South Newsletters
Read updates from our representative to the NACAS Board of Directors, news about NACAS South members and member institutions, and other items that may be of interest to you.
Below are the minutes from NACAS South monthly board meetings.
NACAS South 2018 Conference Presentations
Dr. Sherene McHenry
A1: Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Recovery at the U! It’s a Team Effort
A2: Strengthening Fall Move-In through Campus Collaborations
A3: Collaborating Across Campus to Achieve Unforgettable Results: UAB Business and Auxiliary Services
and the Return of UAB Football
B1: Implementing On-Demand Transportation
B2: When We Enhance Our Services, We Enhance the Student Experience
B3: Amplify the Transformation of Campus Retail
C1: A case study on making change through collaboration between business services, student affairs and
C2: Dashboarding Success
C3: The Power of Presentation – Take Your Skills to the Next Level
D1: Optimize Retail Dining for ROI, Student Engagement, Recruitment and Latest Trend
D2: Communicating through Crisis: Lessons Learned from a Norovirus Outbreak
D3: Operation Move-In
E1: Florida State University’s Collaborative Response to Hurricane Irma
E2: Building Concerted Human Resource Solutions
E3: Institutional Effectiveness: Build Bridges and Collaborate
F1: Super Size Your Impact: Savvy Strategies For Broadening Your Bandwidth
F2: Embracing the Collaborative Spirit at UGA
F3: This Brand is Your Brand: How to Strengthen Recruitment & Retention through Branding and
G1: Ethical Behavior: More Than 50 Shades of Grey
G2: Hawk Wheels Bike Share Program at UNC Wilmington with Gotcha Bike
G3: Information Sharing, Benchmarking and Collaboration to Help Each Other and Help Ourselves
H1: Getting Back to our Roots: The Story of Auburn Foods
H2: License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology and how we moved into a virtual parking permit system
H3: Affordability and the Changing Views of Auxiliary Services