As auxiliary services professionals, it is our job to ensure the collective well being of the...
News & Communications
NACAS South Proposed Slate of Officers
Officers for 2020-2021
The Nominating Committee of NACAS South is pleased to submit the following slate of officers for the upcoming 2020-2021 Board of Directors. The slate will be presented for a vote of the membership at the Annual Business Meeting in Dallas, TX on April 7, 2020.
- President: Felecia Townsend, Florida International University
- President Elect: Donna Morris – Powell, North Carolina A&T State University
- Vice President: Daniel Armitrage, University of North Texas
- Immediate Past President: Glenn Loughridge, Auburn University
- Treasurer: Cary Wilkerson, CASP, University of Texas at Arlington (year 3 of 3-year term)
- Secretary: Kerri Demeri, Tennessee Tech University
- Rep to the National Board: Andy Meeks, Northern Kentucky University (year 2 of 3-year term)
Coordinator positions are appointed by the NACAS South Board and will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
- Conference Coordinator: Carrie Chutes, CASP, University of Texas at Dallas (year 3 of 3-year term)
- Professional Development Coordinator: Robin Parker, Southeastern Louisiana University (year 1 of 3-year term)
- Membership Coordinator: Chris Fulkerson, Elon University (year 3 of 3-year term)
- Communications Coordinator: Derrick Davis, Georgia Southern University (year 3 of 3-year term)
NACAS South Conference Updates
The NACAS South Annual Conference in Dallas is quickly approaching. If you’ve not yet made your plans to attend, please make them soon! Find conference details, including hotel information and the link to register, here.
A few updates and reminders:
Awards Nominations – Help us recognize the outstanding accomplishments of your colleagues by submitting a nomination for the following awards:
- Rising Star Scholarship
- Region Mentor
- Outstanding Collaboration or Partnership
- Lifetime Achievement Award
The deadline for nominations is February 29, 2020! Find full details here.
Proposed By-Law and Constitution Changes – Proposed changes to the NACAS South By-Laws are available here under Policy Documents.
Proposed 2020-2021 NACAS South Board – The proposed NACAS South Board of Directors for 2020-2021 is listed above.
Please review the proposed By-Law changes and Board nominations prior to the conference. Both will be voted on during the Annual Business Meeting Lunch, April 7.
Upcoming Opportunities to Serve on the NACAS South Board for 2021-2022:
- Vice President (4 Years)
- Conference Coordinator (3 Years)
- Membership Coordinator (3 Years)
- Communications Coordinator (3 Years)
Be sure to fill out a volunteer form or contact a current NACAS South Board Member to let us know if you are interested in one of these board positions.
We look forward to seeing you in Dallas!
NACAS South Newsletters
Read updates from our representative to the NACAS Board of Directors, news about NACAS South members and member institutions, and other items that may be of interest to you.
Below are the minutes from NACAS South monthly board meetings.
NACAS South 2018 Conference Presentations
Dr. Sherene McHenry
A1: Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Recovery at the U! It’s a Team Effort
A2: Strengthening Fall Move-In through Campus Collaborations
A3: Collaborating Across Campus to Achieve Unforgettable Results: UAB Business and Auxiliary Services
and the Return of UAB Football
B1: Implementing On-Demand Transportation
B2: When We Enhance Our Services, We Enhance the Student Experience
B3: Amplify the Transformation of Campus Retail
C1: A case study on making change through collaboration between business services, student affairs and
C2: Dashboarding Success
C3: The Power of Presentation – Take Your Skills to the Next Level
D1: Optimize Retail Dining for ROI, Student Engagement, Recruitment and Latest Trend
D2: Communicating through Crisis: Lessons Learned from a Norovirus Outbreak
D3: Operation Move-In
E1: Florida State University’s Collaborative Response to Hurricane Irma
E2: Building Concerted Human Resource Solutions
E3: Institutional Effectiveness: Build Bridges and Collaborate
F1: Super Size Your Impact: Savvy Strategies For Broadening Your Bandwidth
F2: Embracing the Collaborative Spirit at UGA
F3: This Brand is Your Brand: How to Strengthen Recruitment & Retention through Branding and
G1: Ethical Behavior: More Than 50 Shades of Grey
G2: Hawk Wheels Bike Share Program at UNC Wilmington with Gotcha Bike
G3: Information Sharing, Benchmarking and Collaboration to Help Each Other and Help Ourselves
H1: Getting Back to our Roots: The Story of Auburn Foods
H2: License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology and how we moved into a virtual parking permit system
H3: Affordability and the Changing Views of Auxiliary Services