NACAS Inaugurates Matthew Portner, CASP as President and Installs 2022 Board of Directors
Thanks for joining us in Palm Springs! Next year's Senior Executive Summit will be announced soon.
Inviting leaders with veteran experience in auxiliary services, oversight of more than one service department, key decision-making power on campus, as well as Business Partners that are disrupting the status quo and partnering with institutions to enrich the campus experience.
This event is part of the NACAS Leadership Series.
It’s time to rewrite the higher ed narrative.
2022 Discussion Topics & Objectives
As auxiliary services adapt in times of uncertainty, let’s let them shine as pillars of student development and success: The ultimate achievement of higher education. If you are a visionary on your campus that brings forward ideas for alternative revenue streams and ways to combat enrollment challenges, attend this year’s Senior Executive Summit to help further issues facing the auxiliary services industry as well as shape future content and thought leadership within the Association.
Discussion Topics include:
- Talking through the biggest challenges facing both auxiliary services and higher education overall: how are the below challenges connected and what strategy, operating model or technology can you adopt to mitigate these challenges? How do we phase out traditional delivery models and work together to lead the way
- Reimagining the future of the workplace and what your team wants in a supervisor in the new working world – What roadblocks prevent flexibility on your campus? Is this a priority for advocating for auxiliaries (state, local levels)?
- Re-Evaluating Safety/Security Plans (Prevention, Response, Mitigation)
- Post-COVID – What does it mean to have your auxiliaries be disaster resilient
Advocating Internally for Auxiliary Services
- Driving Revenue (alt revenue)
- How Business Partners can showcase how they progress a campus’ core values and increase commitment to things such as student employment, JEDI initiatives, safety/security measures, sustainability, giving back to the local community, affordability, mental health/wellbeing
Schedule at a Glance
11:00 – 12:00: Registration and Lunch
12:30 – 6:00: Education with breaks built in including ed sessions, small group discussions, group share, case studies, etc.
6:30 – 9:00: Welcome Dinner
7:30 – 12:00: Education with breaks built in including ed sessions, small group discussions, group share, case studies
12:30 – 5:30: Afternoon activities(golf, hiking, spa)
6:30 – 8:00: Dinner
8:30 – 12:00: Breakfast, Education and Close Out
Institution Registration – $895 (limited to 10)
This registration type is for any College and University senior-level professional with a strong desire to lead industry transformation and willing to contribute to thought leadership.
Business Partner Registration – $7,500 (limited to 10)
This registration type is for NACAS Business Partners looking to help shape the future of higher ed and openness to exploring a true partnership with campuses. This registration type includes an additional registration for to host a college or university professional at this event.
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Set above Coachella Valley, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage offers an elevated experience of a timeless destination. Modern design invites connections with the desert, from stunning valley views at The Edge Steakhouse to holistic spa rituals inspired by the land, while the storied past of Palm Springs complements the resort’s elegant luxury. The room rate for this event is $299 a night.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
If an attendee tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the event start date, the following policies apply:
- If hosted by a business partner, the business partner may replace the attendee with another institutional representative. If the business partner cannot find a replacement within a reasonable amount of time, NACAS may appoint a sponsored attendee from the waitlist.
- An attendee not hosted by a business partner may roll their funds over to any NACAS or NACAS Regional event in 2022. The $95 fee will be waived for rollovers due to a positive COVID-19 test.
- Business partner attendees may replace their company’s representative at any time due to a positive COVID-19 test.
For all other cancellations, the regular cancellation policy applies.