After months of planning, building and testing, the NACAS Marketplace was launched in early June 2018....
After you take and pass the certification exam, you are a CASP for four years. To renew your CASP status you must meet the CASP recertification requirements which are laid out in detail in the Recertification Handbook. Broadly, recertification requires three actions, outlined below.
Obtain Activity Credits
Within four years of the date you earn your CASP certification, you must achieve a total of 60 recertification credits. These credits can be earned from the following 3 categories:
Training (Minimum 36 credits. Maximum 60 credits)
Attending a live NACAS educational session, webinar, or virtual roundtable: 0.5 credits per 1/2 hour of scheduled programming.
Attending a live educational session, webinar, or virtual roundtable from another higher education auxiliary service related association or institutional provider: 0.5 credits per 1/2 hour of scheduled programming.
Recorded Education: 0.5 credits per 1/2 hour of scheduled programming. A short summary of what was learned during the recording must be submitted through the Activity Tracking Form.
Service (Maximum 12 credits)
- Presenting or co-presenting an educational session: 4 credits for the first time the program is offered.
- Presenting or co-presenting a repeat educational session: 2 credits
- Authorship or Co-authorship for a published article related to CASP core competencies: 5 credits
- Authorship or Co-authorship for a published book or chapter related to CASP core competencies: 12 credits
- Member of a NACAS standing committee, commission, task force, or foundation: 4 credits per year of service
- Acting as a CASP Subject Matter Expert, and active during the year for at least one month: 4 credits per year of service
- Teaching a course related to auxiliary services (1 credit or more) either in person or on line at an accredited higher education institution.: 6 credits
Leadership (Maximum 12 credits)
- Officer or Board member of NACAS, NACAS Region, NACAS Foundation, or another higher education auxiliary service related association: 6 credits per year of service.
- Chair of a committee, commission, or task force of NACAS or another higher education auxiliary service related association: 6 credits per year of service
- Serving as a mentor for first time attendees at a NACAS Regional or National conference: 2 credits per conference
Please note that all 60 credits may be earned in the Training/Continuing Education category, if you prefer. Credits must be submitted within one year after they are earned. As you earn each credit, please submit a description of the credits along with supporting documentation through the CASP Activity Tracking Form.
Pay the Application Fee
The recertification fee is $175 for NACAS members or $350 for non-members
If special circumstances or hardships have caused you to miss your recertification deadline, you may appeal to the Certification Commission for a certification extension. Upon completing the form, the Commission will review your appeal and respond within 45 days. Submit an appeal here. For more information please reference the CASP Recertification Handbook. You can also contact the NACAS National Office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 245-8425.