The NACAS Foundation, a non-profit corporation that promotes the auxiliary services profession through NACAS, announced today...
Providing the data and insights that you need to propel your institution into the future.
Helping You Transform with Data
NACAS is focused on helping leaders in auxiliary services transform their schools and serve their students.
That’s why we launched NACAS Research; we’re here to provide the information that you need to enrich student experiences across the globe. Armed with new solutions, resources, and innovative ideas, you will be better prepared to take on challenges and stay relevant to the ever-changing student.
NACAS Research will review the membership’s insights and common questions surrounding the student experience. We will then analyze data from student surveys and business partner industry insights to recommend best practices, anticipate student demands, and optimize revenue-generating opportunities.
Snapshot for Success on Student Employment
NACAS Research needs your help! We are seeking information and examples from schools to help support a new initiative: the Snapshot for Success on Student Employment. This is your opportunity to demonstrate how you’re promoting student success through employment practices on your campus. The insights you provide will be featured in this new deliverable, and will serve as an industry example of how your institution is working to enrich the student experience. You and your peers will be able to use the information shared in the Snapshot to improve on-campus employment practices and support the personal and professional growth of the next generation.
Content we are looking for:
- Contracted Services
- What kind of guidelines around student employment do you include in vendor contracts?
- What requirements do you set for vendors, such as minimum wage requirements, and HR education on various topics such as diversity & inclusion, sexual assault, and/or other campus policies?
- How have you established student development accountability and mentorship with business partners?
- Do you have best practices on guiding vendors to understand student climate or processes (class schedule sensitivity, etc.)?
- Self-operated services
- What is your student employment structure, such as levels of hierarchy, cross training, etc.?
- Can you share your student employee handbooks, including rules, regulations, and how to communicate with student employees?
- How do you implement retention and development practices? This can include areas such as career/life-time skill building, mentorship, structured development programs, cross-training in interest areas, promotions, professional development, and goal-setting plans
If you would like to share information regarding any of these areas, or have ideas for other topics that could be covered within this Snapshot for Success, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NACAS Research reports will demonstrate the value of auxiliaries and how they enrich the lives of students on college campuses.
Auxiliaries advance the livelihood of students across the country every single day and NACAS Research will help you tell your narrative. As NACAS Research explores the auxiliary impact on the student experience, we will keep our reports short and simple to help you through your day-to-day but not take too much time away from it. Our findings will share snapshots of student experiences, communicating their stories and unique needs with our membership. We will provide our members with “best practices” guides for a broad range of auxiliary service departments and most importantly, stay relevant and flexible to your inquiries and research needs.
NACAS Research is here to help you help students. Are you ready to future-proof your campus?