The NACAS Foundation, a non-profit corporation that promotes the auxiliary services profession through NACAS, announced today...
Helping You Transform with Data
NACAS is focused on helping leaders in auxiliary services transform their schools and serve their students.
That’s why we launched NACAS Research; we’re here to provide the information that you need to enrich student experiences across the globe. Armed with new solutions, resources, and innovative ideas, you will be better prepared to take on challenges and stay relevant to the ever-changing student.
NACAS Research reviews the membership’s insights and common questions surrounding the student experience. We then analyze data from student surveys and business partner industry insights to recommend best practices, anticipate student demands, and optimize revenue-generating opportunities.
NACAS Research Reports demonstrate the value of the auxiliary services industry within the greater higher education landscape.
Auxiliaries advance the livelihood of students across the country every single day. NACAS Research helps you tell that narrative to key stakeholders on your campus. We explore the impact of auxiliary services on the student experience and provide short and simple reports that help you navigate your day-to-day — but not take too much time away from it.
Our findings show what students really need to be successful on campus. We provide our members with easily digestible information that covers a broad range of auxiliary service departments while staying relevant and flexible to your inquiries and research needs.
Snapshot for Success on Student Employment
NACAS Research needs your help!
We are seeking information and examples from schools to help support a new initiative: the Snapshot for Success on Student Employment. This is your opportunity to demonstrate how you’re promoting student success through employment practices on your campus. The insights you provide will be featured in this new deliverable, and will serve as an industry example of how your institution is working to enrich the student experience. You and your peers will be able to use the information shared in the Snapshot to improve on-campus employment practices and support the personal and professional growth of the next generation.
Content we are looking for:
- Contracted Services
- What kind of guidelines around student employment do you include in vendor contracts?
- What requirements do you set for vendors, such as minimum wage requirements, and HR education on various topics such as diversity & inclusion, sexual assault, and/or other campus policies?
- How have you established student development accountability and mentorship with business partners?
- Do you have best practices on guiding vendors to understand student climate or processes (class schedule sensitivity, etc.)?
- Self-operated services
- What is your student employment structure, such as levels of hierarchy, cross training, etc.?
- Can you share your student employee handbooks, including rules, regulations, and how to communicate with student employees?
- How do you implement retention and development practices? This can include areas such as career/life-time skill building, mentorship, structured development programs, cross-training in interest areas, promotions, professional development, and goal-setting plans
If you would like to share information regarding any of these areas, or have ideas for other topics that could be covered within this Snapshot for Success, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.